Re: Winter Project Painting My Trailer

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Project Painting My Trailer
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:14:56 -0600
2 cents worth on trailer painting:

assumptions:
        we have better things to do
        the goal is decent appearance & rust protection

I've  painted a few and here's my drill:

With a cup-brush on a disc grinder remove all rust and flaky paint.

Scrub wash with powerful detergent and rinse  . . paint won't stick to all that
road grunge.

Mop on a double slop of a phosphoric acid metal prep on all rusted or bare
areas(I use RustPrime by Balands Chemical) let "work" overnight and brush off
any white residue powder.

Spray or brush on your color choice of  implement enamel from your tractor
store.

Buy a matching color "rattle-can" for touch-up.

Don't spend more than 5 hours on the whole project . . . see "better things to
do".

Tony