1275s in Bugeyes

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275s in Bugeyes
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:58:16 GMT
A friend of mine just had a Bugeye rejected for the Gold Cup Historics at VIR
because it has a 1275 in it.

I'm told that the SCCA never sanctioned 1275s in Bugeyes, so they are not
vintage eligible.  Peter Krause made the decision to reject this car and
apparently a few others.  I can certainly understand his reasoning, and it is
certainly his prerogative.

I'm not arguing his decision, I'm just curious how sanctioning bodies are
looking at this.  Peter indicates that some east coast bodies either have or
are considering banning them.  I know they are "legal" in CVAR, although a body
point deduction is assessed against them and they run in FP.  There are
numerous RMVR bugeyes I've seen with 1275s so I assume they are accepted there.
 I don't know what the left coasties do.

Will VMC member organizations that might otherwise disallow them accept them
under the "1 race a year guest" status from another VMC member organization
that accepts them?

One reason I ask is that I have a couple of friends with these cars and we
often talk of traveling to other events together.  It would be good to know if
there are limitations as to where we could go.

David Littlefield
MG Midget vintage racecar