Re: 1275s in Bugeyes etc.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275s in Bugeyes etc.
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:49:40 EDT
In a message dated 15/05/03 1:22:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
edm@AdServices.com writes:

> For Bill,  any modified car that was raced SCCA  in the era (for us
> before 1969) with  documented history in that configuration, is allowed
> to race with SOVREN.

Ed, how is Sovren treating race cars that ran with other sanctioning bodies?

The ones like me that ran Conference wouldn't be a problem, as the Conference
improved rules mirrored SCCA pretty closely (most cars ran both types of
races).

The old rules under CASC, however were sometimes significantly different than
SCCA - one friend used to run a Lotus 7 and in CASC he could run one (or
more, sorry, I don't recall which engine he ran with) Weber, while in SCCA
you couldn't, for instance.

You also had some pretty wild production based cars running in CASC sports
racing, but that wouldn't be a problem for you - if they have a history you'd
allow them in, otherwise you could exclude them.

Always wondered what happened to Nick Gebbie's old Buick-Bugeye, as I
remember him running it when I started in the early 70s at Westwood.

I guess the FIA rules would be another barrel of scrod - you could run some
strange things there, too!

Bill