Re: 1275s in Bugeyes etc.

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275s in Bugeyes etc.
From: edm@AdServices.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:39:21 -0700
Bill,

You are right on with the possible conflicts between Conference (ICSCC),
CASC, and SCCA.
Several years ago it was decided that we would stick with the 2
sanctioning bodies SCCA and FIA as that is complicated enough.  It is
specifically stated in our rules that you declare the point in time that
you are preparing the car to, and follow the appropriate rules for that
year, either SCCA or FIA...but not both!
The FIA starts to get complex when you have to judge a car to its
homologation papers and the FIA rules.

Unfortunately SCCA was notorious for granting authorized equipment for a
car, then taking it away again the following year.  The Lotus 7's seemed
to always be in the dog house, not even allowing the crossflow 1600 in
the production class.

The difference between the original sanctioning bodies (CASC,
Conference) hasn't been as much of a problem for us, as vintage clubs
with comprehensive rules with varying degrees of rules enforcement.

I have heard a bit about this Bugeye Buick, I'll have to ask some of our
local guys that used to run Westwood at that time!!

Ed