RE: Coolant for Watkins Glen and Monterey

To: <MHKitchen@aol.com>, <twobees@sprynet.com>, <MGVR@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: Coolant for Watkins Glen and Monterey
From: "Rick Yocum" <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:42:26 -0400
I'm hearing lots of complaints and grumblings about this requirement, but
we're going to stick to our position on this.  My advice is anyone planning
run on the track...drain your coolant and run water.  You and everyone else
will
be better off.

...and a word to the wise to those in the colder regions of the nation who
store their cars in non-heateed garages.  Replace the coolant before putting
it up for the winter (or drain out all the water).  'Tis a sad site to walk
into the garage during the first warm week of Spring and see a puddle of
water under the race car.  Greatly increases prep time (and expense) for the
coming season!

Rick
(been there, done that)