Anyone have a recollection of when Logbooks started

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone have a recollection of when Logbooks started
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:35:35 -0800
I am restoring several old rare Datsun 2000 Roadsters that had very
prominent histories throughout the late 60s and into the early 70s and a
common thread I am seeing is it seems that Official Logbooks may have
actually started in about April 72 from what I am seeing. It seems that
3-4 cars I am involved with restorations of have no earlier official
documentation. I know that they ran Riverside in 68 ARRC and again in
Daytona in 72 which is the first official entry for a major race and
regional races were listed starting in April 72. Does anyone have any
other earlier dates or were our former Datsun owners just not accurate
at keeping records. My friends at SCCA cannot recall for sure when it
started. Also trying to find Photos or info on the Southern Ca races at
Palm Springs and perhaps Santa Barbara where the first ever Datsun 1200
Fairlady was raced and tested in 1960-61 by Jean LaPlant and Benny
Ackerman for Datsun
--
Les Cannaday

Classic Datsun Motorsports