Re: Anyone have a recollection of when Logbooks started

To: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone have a recollection of when Logbooks started
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@localnet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:24:57 -0600
As an added comment on the log books, I was a Steward at the Waterford
Drivers School several years ago and a very pristine 1971 F V showed up
at the National with, you guessed it, a 1971 CENDIV Log Book printed by
Bodine Printing in Michigan City.

The car had ONE race registered in the log book.

Seems someone in the Cincinnati area had purchased the car new, had a
log book issued, roll bar stamped, etc, and ran one race with the car.
the owner decided that "sport car" racing was not for him and stored
the car for 30 some years.

I told the new owner that the log book was likely worth as much as the
car to serious memorbilia collectors.

Larry Dent

PS.  To all you SCCA types out there, I have just announced my decision
to once again run for  the national SCCA Board of Directors seat from
Area 4.  Eric Skurmants has decided not to run and I don't have all
that much to do, just running my shop and the National
Automotive and Truck Museum, so my hat is in the ring.

Cheers,  L.D.