monterey races-you read it here first

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: monterey races-you read it here first
From: " christopher h. kang,md" <chkangmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:57:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
It was really neat to see the Chapparals at the "races" this year.  I'd only
see the 2f at a prior year's event.  the second day of  demonstration runs, the
2j - sucker car, had the snow mobile engines running. they were louder than the
car engine! too bad they didn't race one.  besides jim hall, on hand were vic
elford, david friedman ( official photographer), and phil hill. all but the 2H
models did demo laps.

The breaking news is that Chapparal is making a "continuation series" of the 2E
model for sale. they had one on display.  I didn't ask the price as I haven't
been playing the Lottery.  the guy standing around the example explained that
he had made the original and was making  the "new"ones.  i was too embarassed
to ask who he was...   So, call Chapparal directly and ask to kick the tires.

christopher