Re: [Vintage-race] Curious About Racecar Transportation

To: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>, "Vintage Racing Digest"
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Curious About Racecar Transportation
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:43:40 -0400
  Recently attended the Mitty at Road Atlanta; a HSR event.  Lots of big
rigs!  A lot more than 6 years ago when I first started attending the Mitty.
And now they have a "vintage" group and a "historical(?)" group.  They ran
Spec Miatas this year?  They historical group seems more like a
run-what-ya-brung class.
  As for trailer vs big rig, I'd have to guess that less than half the cars
at the Mitty arrived on private trailers.  I'm hoping to get to the vintage
races at MidOhio this summer.  Not sure which group runs the racing, but in
past years it has been more private entries than big rigs.

Paul
Ohio
  And if it matters, I crew for a friend that tows his own 1967 Datsun 2000
roadster to the track.