2000-register

Re: Testing, testing...

To: "2000 List" <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Testing, testing...
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:45:45 +0100
Hi Graham.
I think we are on the right list but I seem to recall a splinter action
being discussed, going to a list serve that allowed attachments. I did not
follow as I have all ready received a couple of viruses on attachments, they
were from list members who were probably unaware that they were sending
them, they got here because people cc the messages to the originator instead
of leaving that to the list! If people only send to the list any virus that
spreads as an attachment will be stripped, if someone needs an image then
send direct!

Graham.
Ps this is not meant as an attack on any one who works that way, I used to
until I recognised the value of having the add ons stripped by the server!