2000-register

rust protection - rear subframe, Estate body

To: "'triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com'" <triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: rust protection - rear subframe, Estate body
From: "Köppe, Thorsten" <TKOEPPE@asv.de>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 13:13:19 +0200
Dear all,

I spent the whole wednesday pumping approx. 20 litres of rust protection
grease ("Mike Sanders Korrosionsschutzfett", very well-reputated stuff here
in Germany) into every box section [etc.] I was aware of, but I'm not sure
how to handle the rear subframe:

I didn't found any drain holes or similar on the rear subframe arms, should
I drill some, to spray grease into them or better leave them untouched? Same
question about the rear trailing arms (which look rather solid, but have a
plug which I didn't dare to pull yet)? Open and spray them or leave them
well alone? (No occurance of rust on the arms yet).

Final question: Anyone aware of extremely hidden box sections of the Estate
body I might have not noticed so far
(possibly under/behind the rear seats)?

Thanks in advance,
best regards,