Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 01:07:30 -0700
I am in the process of redoing my 72 TR6's suspension with Good Parts
springs and bushings. I followed the manual tonight to remove the rear
spring and couldn't get it out. Here's what I did: After placing the floor
jack underneath the trailing arm I unbolted the shock link from the trailing
arm. Then I lowered the jack but the trailing arm only went down a couple of
inches and the spring wasn't loose.

I am a little leery of prying on the spring since it feels like it is still
under compression. It doesn't look like anything is binding. I thought that
a U-joint might be binding so I turned the axle a little and tried it again.
Still no luck. Any suggestions?

A couple of other questions while you're here:

Does anyone make a heavy-duty rear shock link? Something with a heim joint
perhaps?

Where can I get different valves for the lever shocks? I see them listed for
other cars, but not the TR6.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle