RE: Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:02:40 -0600

Rotate the axle more than you have been doing. Eventually it will turn to a
"low" spot and the spring will come out without any excessive force. Put
something soft on the frame rail where the gaiter will rest to prevent its
damage.

Removing the half-shaft will also work but is not required if you don't need
to replace the u-joints, gaiters, etc.

> Where can I get different valves for the lever shocks? I see
> them listed for other cars, but not the TR6.

Apple hydraulics sells uprated (heavy duty) lever shocks for TR6s -- call
them and see how they achieve the "heavy duty" part of the rebuild, maybe
they'll sell you just the parts you need to do it yourself. Or just buy the
heavy duty shocks from them -- they're not that expensive.

<http://www.applehydraulics.com/> -- no financial interest blah blah blah...

Good luck.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO