Re: How to get to the Front sway bar mounts?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to get to the Front sway bar mounts?
From: rcotting@mgnet.ca
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:56:34 -0300

This is deja vu all over again.  First, Don's question re rear springs and
shocks brought back fond recent memories, now I am led to remember the
front sway bar issue.  I am told it is possible, albeit with Herculean
effort perhaps, to unbolt the sway bar attachments - but for the life of me
I couldn't see how.  So out came the rad, which was OK 'cause it gave me
the opportunity to repaint it.  The job of sway bar bush replacement is a
piece of cake if you do this.  Note - when you tighten down the u bolts
after replacing the bushes, keep an eye on the bushings themselves and make
sure you don't overtighten the bolts and excessively squish the urethane.

Richard C.