RE: How to get to the Front sway bar mounts?

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How to get to the Front sway bar mounts?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:33:26 -0600

Actually it doesn't require a great deal of strength, more dexterity :-).

On my car I was able to get at them by raising the front of the car so I
could lie underneath it. Then using a 1/2 (or 7/16, can't remember) inch
wrench it is possible to reach the nuts (which are not tightened more than
~5ft-lb) and undo them if you have patience. You will only be able to make
small progress with each rotation, and will have to flip the wrench each
time to get the proper angle on the nut, but it can be done. If you don't
need to pull the rad for anything else, I suggest you (or rather Don Clark)
try this first.

Make sure the car is supported in a way that makes you comfortable about the
fact that 2000lb will be above your head!

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO