Replacing DOT 3 with DOT 4

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing DOT 3 with DOT 4
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 06:14:54 -0500
I've been reading for the past few years the problems with using DOT 3 brake
fluid vs the merits of the DOT 4 silicone fluid in the TR's systems.  One
www site advised on the newer TR series (TR6 and 7's) it was fine but was a
problem with the rubber in the older TR's (2 to 4).  Recent posts on this
list advise not using DOT 3 as it breaks down and disintegrates the rubber
in all Triumphs due to the type of rubber being used.  I've recently
replaced the clutch system and rear brake pistons and used DOT 3 but am now
looking at going to DOT 4 due to the above comments.  What is the best way
to flush out the DOT 3 and replace it with the newer DOT 4.  Is it as easy
as draining out the 3 and replace it with 4?