Re: Rear Spring Removal

To: John Phillips <TR6@vigoris.net>, 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Removal
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:25:10 -0400
I've removed/replaced my rear springs a few times, but I cannot remember
ever taking the hub or axle out.  I think I had to rotate the axle, and push
down on the trailing arm.  There is not too much tension on the spring at
this point, I think you can just muscle the thing out w/o performing a major
disassembly.  OTOH, if you have removed the hub, make sure not to
overtighten the hub nuts.  I think the torque is 15 lb-ft or somehting.
Look it up. HTH, Kevin