"B" post panels

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: "B" post panels
From: "Rick Patton" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:54:03 -0400
Hi Ben,

I'm doing some major rust repairs on my 75 right now. It started out as a
floor and sill replacement but has mushroomed into much much more. The B
post is also badly rusted where it joins the sills. Before I cut away the
remains of the floor and sills I have carefully measured the B post
location. I want to be certain it remains in the same place.

I have used an air abrasive cut off with a 3" wheel for much of the cutting
but will also use a spot weld cutter as Greg suggested. Just ordered a hand
punch so that I can ready the new panels for plug welding. There is quite a
bit of fabrication to be done before reassembly.

Like I said, my biggest concern now is the alignment of the B post when all
is said and done. I've been taking pictures of the project but there are
still many left on the roll. Perhaps by the end of next week I can post a
few. Please let me know how your project is coming along.

Rick Patton
75 TR6

                     Mailing List: 6 Pack - The Triumph TR6 & 250 List

                     Back to Index
                                                                   Next
Message