The Answer about "Bucking"

To: "'6pack-digest@autox.team.net'" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Answer about "Bucking"
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 23:23:56 -0400
I should have known better. 2 ripped diaphragms,  leaned out too far and
who would have thought! I remember now that when I went to Motor
Vehicles I had to lean out the carbs to pass the emissions test. I did
this with the Alan Key but not the other thingymajig. The piece that
keeps the piston from moving as one turns the Alan Key. That's when I
must have ripped the diaphragm. Then when I readjusted the mixture I
obviously didn't do it properly. The good weather came to quick and I
just had to get out there! Thanks all for the help. Oh by the way. On my
way back from the Auto X event I could hear the occasional thump that
one gets when U-joints start to go. I thought of Dick Taylors advice
about going over the things that had been changed before the noise
started. I came to the conclusion that the only thing I had done was to
empty my trunk before the race and repacked it when finished. The
culprit was the large Lug wrench which would hit the rear of the trunks
as it slid over the carpet with quick acceleration. Funny how Dick knows
it all.