thermostatic vacuum switch availability (1974 TR6)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: thermostatic vacuum switch availability (1974 TR6)
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:43:33 EDT
Hey fellows (and ladies).....Dick mentioned to me that I might check the
operation of my thermostatic  vacuum switch located on the radiator hose on
my 1974 1/2 concerning idle/temp problems.  (This is the switch with the
three prongs for the vacuum hose hookup.)  I have checked TRF, Moss, and BVL
without seeing the switch available---unless I simply am not reading my
catalogs correctly.  I have not checked Rimmer Bro. yet.  Does any owner of a
74 ( or anyone) know where I could purchase a new switch as preventative
maintenance?  I wonder why no one seems to market the switch, given my
understanding that 1974 was the best production year (at least most sales)
for the TR6?        Bob Pierson