They only come out at lunch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: They only come out at lunch
From: RETWIZBANG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:59:55 EDT
I invited one of my customers out to lunch yesterday, and he, in turn invited
a new associate.  During the course of conversation, I said I had bought a
sportscar 2 years ago.  The new guy asked what make.  I told him Triumph TR6,
and he said "That's not a sports car".  That set me back a little, and I
asked him what was his reasoning to make such a statement.  He smiled and
replied that it's not a sports car because it has roll-up windows.  Ends up
he has a 59 TR3, and so I understood.  Then the original customer chimes in
that he has a 73 MGB.  So three guys get together for lunch basically at
random, and come to find out all of us own British sports cars.  We ended up
having a British Car lunch rather than a business lunch.  This affliction is
more widespread than I might have thought.

Rich Townsend
75 TR6
Manassas, VA