Re: FW: EFI on TR6??

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: EFI on TR6??
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:10:13 EDT
Jim- I know that there are a lot of factors affecting gas mileage-both
car&driver, but 15-18 mpg seems pretty low.  My experience seems to be about
18-20 in city driving and 28-30 on the freeway, cruising at 70 mph in OD.  I
have noticed that the metering needles on several carbs I have examined have
a definite flat from rubbing against the jet.  Unlike the pre-emission
SU&Zen.Stromberg carbs, the needles do not "float " in the jets, but are
spring loaded to actually contact the jet.  This results in wear to both the
needle&jet, causing the mixture to become progressively richer. What do you
think Dr. Taylor, could this be the cause of poor gas mileage on cars that
are still running on the original needle&jet? Berry