Black valance

To: 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Black valance
From: Dale Morgan <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:14:35 -0700 (PDT)
  Listers

  Just had a chance to read all the verb-age on the
painting of the front and rear valance. This was a
very interesting discussion.

  In my case it appeared that whom every at the
factory did it they use a paint brush to apply it for
you could see the brush strokes.

  I for one like to see a well restored car.  In
saying this I have seen two very well prepared cars
that would not be considered restored because they
were entirely painted black.  If I read the paint
charts correctly this was never a color option.

  Mine when finished will be considered by many to be
a hot rod. This is because of the engine and
transmission that I have selected.  Before anyone ever
gets to the bonnet they will notice my selection of
paint to the front and rear valance.  It will follow
the natural seam lines of the car.  Between where the
fenders bolt to the body, from under the bonnet and
the boot, down to the bottom of each valance mine is
gloss black.

  I feel that each of us are trying to make a personal
statement though ours cars.  Why does it matter,
unless the individual is a purist, what shade of black
or where it is black?  We should all enjoy these cars
for how we feel.

=====
tpdwinch@yahoo.com
Dale Morgan