Re: Rear Springs

To: mjmullin@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:09:56 -0400
Matt:

I've got the British Parts NW springs in my TR6, I think the "mild comp." or
HD springs, can't really remember.  They lowered the car.  At the time I
installed them I had the car aligned, and the alignment shop (Performance)
replaced only one of the rear trailing arm brackets.  The final alignment
wound up something like 1.5-2.0 degrees neg. camber in the rear, with some
toe-in (rear) too.  The car is lowered, but it looks okay.

Another suggestion for those replacing springs would be to replace the
trailing arm bushings too.  This may help both setting and keeping a good
alignment.

Your pal Kevin.