Re:frozen Tr6 engine

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:frozen Tr6 engine
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
Gabriel,
     It sounds like you're on the right track. I just
broke free an engine that had sat for 10 years. I
poured marvel's mystery oil (a lot) into each cylinder
and let it sit for about five days. It probably wasn't
stuck too bad, because I was able to get it to move by
forcing the fan with my hands. I was told that if it
wouldn't move that way, that my next option was to get
a pipe wrench and put it on the crankshaft extention.
My friend said that he had used a six foot pipe on the
end of the wrench for leverage.

      P.S. be patient, allow the oil time to soak in,
if you force the engine to turn before its ready, it
is possible to break yur piston rings

                       I hope this was helpful
                              Ryan Miles

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!