Re: Plug in TR6 Block

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plug in TR6 Block
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:20:41 EDT
Mike-This hurts, but I am going to have to admit I am wrong.  The plug is not
 a tapered pipe thread.  It is 3/4"X16 TPI, in other words a 3/4" SAE bolt. I
was curious enough to take my plug out and measure it.  You could use either
a hex bolt(about 3/4"length) with a sealing washer or an allen set screw with
sealer.  Also, I tried to remove on old aluminum plug with an ez out without
success, the aluminum is too soft.  It would probably have to
drilled&retapped.  Anyway, an auto parts or hardware store should have the
plug. Anybody have a tool to remove a foot from a mouth?  Berry