Re: Trailing Arm Bushing Replacements - Help!

To: Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailing Arm Bushing Replacements - Help!
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:40:40 -0500
I've put both types of bushings in the TA of my car and prefer the poly
bushings.
When I put the TRF bushings in, I used the threaded rod technique.  To get
the
bushing to go in, I soaped it up well, put a small socket on the side to be
driven
in over the rod and pushing on the steel sleeve.  I think it was a 1/2"
socket
from a 1/2" drive socket set.  This left lots of room for the rubber to
squeeze
around the socket as the bushing was compressed and they all slid right in
like that.

The poly bushings are *much* easier but remember to lube them or they will
squeek!  They got rid of the wonderful "wiggle" that I had at times from the
backend trying to help me steer!

Rob