poly bushings lube and carb/mileage problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: poly bushings lube and carb/mileage problems
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:48:41 EDT
Listeners:  Do any of you have a recommendation for how to minimize the
squeaking that I have from my poly bushings...they started becoming
irritating about three months ago.. I do not know if the restoration guys at
British Car Service used lube or not when they installed them two years ago.
I do not know if the bushings are the grooved type providing for the lube.
There must be a way to lube them short of removal?  I have attempted to spray
some graphite door lube on them but it did not last  more than a few
days...probably too thin.  Will regular grease work or will it potentially
damage the bushings?
     Also, for you folks out there who may think that you have to rebuild
your ZS carbs due to poor mileage and stumbling upon initial acceleration,
take note ot this idiot's oversight.....just before removing my carbs to send
to Gary Martin in So. Dakota, I decided to change spark plugs, even though I
really did not think they were the cause of my car's sputtering.  Would you
guys believe I had one spark plug wire not pushed entirely on, as my wires
are an upgraded heavy type that bend at an angle from the plug and are fairly
tight to snap on to the tip of the plug.  When I last changed points and
plugs I must have not pushed this wire on far enough...now my mileage jumped
back up to 25 on hywy and the sputtering is gone.. yea, my face is the color
of my hair...radish red.   Remember to check the simple things, packers.  I
know I will next time.                  Bob Pierson    74 1/2