Re: Mobil 1 and oil pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mobil 1 and oil pressure
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:14:15 -0400
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>

Tim:

One of the reasons Honda specs 5w30 is for gas mileage, but the more
important reason is that it dissipates heat much better that any other
weight oil. Very important in todays' cars that run at much hotter
temperatures than our older cars. When Eddie Hill was setting records in
the Pennzoil sponsored top fuel dragster, he ran 5w30 Pennzoil and asked
Pennzoil if they could develop a 0w30 for him. They didn't, but the
anecdote gives you an idea of how important heat dissipation is. To a
person brought up with heavier weight oils, I shudder at the thought of
a 5w in my Triumph, but I'm more than happy to put it in my wife's new
Ford.

Cheers,

Jeff Johnson