Re: Mobil 1 and oil pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mobil 1 and oil pressure
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff,

If these lighter oils are better at dissipating heat, then wouldn't
they be useful to many of us who have trouble keeping the temperature
gauge out of the red on hot days sitting in traffic?  Like I said, I'm
running 5w50 synthetic, and I now see (along with using my auxiliary
electric cooling fan mounted on the front of the rad) that my temp
gauge never gets about 5/8 or so even when idling in traffic for long
periods of time in 95+ degrees (very hot and humid here in the Philly
area).  If I'm cruising, I can go at 85+ mph all day long in any kind
of heat and never see the temp gauge over 3/8.  Maybe the synthetic has
something to do with this?  I don't run an oil cooler, by the way.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/