Re: Locking Brakes, more

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Locking Brakes, more
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:23:34 -0400
Sam, Jim,

After my last post, I, too thought about the PDWA as a possible problem
area and Jim, you might be right here.  I've rebuild my PDWA with new
O-Rings and that may explain why my brakes have not locked.

BTW, I wanted to add that TRF no longer carries these o-rings, at least,

15 months ago that was the case.  I found replacements from a supplier
in Texas and I've included an email which I posted to the Triumph list
last summer, stating the correct ring sizes and a source for the parts
(me at the time!).

Anyone attempting to rebuild their PDWA must be careful not to replace
the o-rings with just any old o-ring.  Use ONLY Ethylene Propylene (EP)
o-rings which are designed to resist deteriorization from DOT 3 & 4
brake fluid.  They work satisfactorily with silicone DOT 5 fluid as
well.

I ordered a bunch of them and made them available to fellow Triumph list

members but unfortunately, I have no more to sell.  The attachment gives

the correct size information for later PDWA's.  Should anyone wish to
purchase some o-rings, (and you can probably sell the extras to list
member as well) they are available from:

American Packing & Gasket Co.
www.apandg.com
1-800-888-5223
Part # E70010