Carb Screws (Pozi-Driv)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Screws (Pozi-Driv)
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:08:23 -0400
Tim Holbrook wrote:
[snip]
>Does anyone know the name of this screw?

The screws on the Stromberg carbs (and lots of other places on the TR6)
have Pozi-Driv heads.  Although they're a product of the Phillips fastener
company, a regular phillips screw driver will mess up the heads.

>Also, where can I buy a screwdriver for these crazy screws?

I've been successful at finding screwdriver bits in PZ-1 and PZ-2 sizes,
both in cheap sets of screwdriver bits, and individually (usually an
individual one costs more than an assortment that includes them).

I'm pretty sure the screws on the Stromberg carburetor have a standard
metric thread.  You could always replace them with screws with phillips
heads.  I doubt most people would notice the difference.

Ted Stevens
74 TR6
digest mode

---