Oil Tolerances, Magnecor and Posidrive bits

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, tjh173@yahoo.com
Subject: Oil Tolerances, Magnecor and Posidrive bits
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:57:56 -0400
Tim:

I always thought that older engines like the TR6 had wider tolerances,
hence the use of heavier weight oil (I run Mobil 1 15w50), while newer
engines have tighter tolereances, hence the use of lighter oil like a 5w30?

I have also tried Magnecor wires on my Honda CRX track car, and found the
plug ends to be a little too generic...they kept falling off the plug or
distributor cap no matter how much I tightened up the metal clasps.  I went
back to stock wires (Honda OE parts are pretty darn good) and keep these as
spares (or for sale if anyone is interested...)

Note: A good source for Posidrive screwdrivers is the drill bit section at
Sears...drywall screws use posidrive bits and you can stick the bit into
multi-bit screwdriver.
William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
90 BMW iX