Re: Tranny Gear Oil Question

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny Gear Oil Question
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 09:36:49 -0400
Jim, Dick,

I agree that this subject can stur up different opinions.  I'm not, by any
stretch of the imagination, a lubrication knowledgable enthusiast but I noticed
stronger bias towards a GL4 based product for the reasons you've stated.  That's
just an observation.  My personal experience with these cars is limited, having
owned my car for just 7 years now, but few miles driven.

In May, I picked up a rebuilt tranny with J OD from Brian at Power British.  I
asked him which lubricant he uses, as he warrants the box for 3 years, and he
stated Mobil 1 Synthetic gear oil.  His experience should speak for something.

Gary
Digest  '75 TR6
Severn, MD