re: OK, I'm spooked

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re: OK, I'm spooked
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:25:51 -0500
I ALWAYS tell propective buyers they should trailer a car home.

That way, I'm definitely not overselling the car and steering clear of
any unknown issues.

Rememeber, the average driver out there has no idea how his car works...
he just puts gas in it and takes it to the dealer for everything else.
He usually doesn't even drive a standard shift very well. There's a
reason Honda Accords are the top selling car.

Something simple could happen... somehing so simple that you or I might
not even consider it to be a problem... but something one of these
people would call a tow truck for... and then try to send you the bill.
Like a blown fuse.

Most of my cars I'd take off to California in without any additional
preparation... but wouldn't advise that a stranger drive one over 20
miles. Now another cay guy... that's a different story... but I'd have
to know him. So, I'll always advise a tow home.

Paranoid... maybe... but you can't underestimate the mechanical
abilities or common sense of the average person today.

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL