Re: electronic ignition

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:13:36 -0700 (PDT)
You don't necessarily have to lose your tach.  There is an instrument
rebuilding company out there (don't remember the name, but they have a
website which you can find using a search engine) that can convert your
mechanical tach to electric.  It reads the coil and uses this info
(along with the number of cylinders) to display RPM on our stock gauge.
 It costs about $100, but you can then change your distributor while
keeping your stock (well, stock appearance) gauge.  Plus it'll be very
accurate.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/