What's your current TR project?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's your current TR project?
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:40:15 -0500
I'm fortunate in that three of us (TR-6 owners) all work for the same
company and on the same floor - one can only guess the discussions at the
coffee pot on Monday mornings.  Was wondering what your last project was and
what your currently involved with - thought is perhaps acouple of us maybe
tackling the same problem.  My last project was replacing the clutch which
many of you may remember involved two sessions of removing the interior and
tranny because we thought the clutch fork pin had broken.  Turned out to be
the mounting ears on the slave cylinder were too short (of all things).
Anyway the second time we (Steve Moore - new owner of red 1971 TR6, he calls
Christine for some strange reason) doubled the bushings and drilled a 5/16"
bolt through the fork and shaft.  Thanks to several of you (Dick Taylor) who
sent urls with detail instructions.  While the speakers were out I recovered
the pads as one had a small tear.  As this is a midwest TR am now taking
care of some small rust spots on the top deck where it meets the rear
fenders.  I pulled out the interior backing behind the seats and took care
of the rust from the underneath and am now doing the top.  Did the rust
removal, rust proofing, Bondo, sanding, priming, sanding some more and
finally painting this past week while on vacation.  Am pleased with the
results on the passenger side but am still working on the drivers side.
Charlie