RE:

To: "'Don Clark'" <d@donclark.org>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:50:49 -0500
Don Clark wrote:

> I am preparing to install a set of DCOE 40's on my 72 TR6 and am wondering
> how the stock choke cable will work with the webers. The TR6 has 2 cables,
> but it appears that the each of the DCOE's needs it's own cable.
>
> What have others done in the past when installing the choke?

I've never hooked up the Weber chokes - it's never been necessary to choke
the carbs to start, although it takes a little steady throttle when first
started to keep it running.

> I am assuming that the stock fuel pump will work ok with these carbs.
Seems
> to me that the CD's need low pressure as well. If I am wrong please let me
> know.

Webers require a steady fuel pressure of around 3 psi. You may want to add a
pressure regulator to the main fuel line to make sure that pressure isn't
exceeded. I'm assuming that the "stock" mechanical pump simply puts out more
fuel the faster the crank spins, which may result in too much fuel pressure
to the carbs. I've installed an electric pump and regulator, and never had a
problem.

Good luck,

Jim Hill