Header and Starter Clearance - how close is too close?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header and Starter Clearance - how close is too close?
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:11:11 -0700
Hey everyone I have another question.

I am trying to install an exhaust that I bought from Rimmer Brother's and
the header comes within 1/4" of the starter solenoid. That seems to be too
close to me. Especially because the point that is the closest is the top of
the solenoid where the battery cable attaches.

Are there smaller starters available for the TR6? Or are there headers that
are better designed than the one from Rimmer Brother's.

I knew that I should have waited for the weather to turn REALLY nasty before
I tried to install this thing. It's nice out here this afternoon and my car
is up on jackstands because I was impatient to install some ill fitting
parts.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA