Jet-Hot and other exhaust coatings

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jet-Hot and other exhaust coatings
From: Peter Macholdt <pmachold@pluto.njcc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:34:12 -0400
I have received a quote from Jet-Hot to coat my stock exhaust manifold
with the silver treatment and then top coat with a manifold gray.  It is
coming in at about $200.  This seems very pricey, especially in light of
the fact that I'm doing it for appearance not performance.

Do any of you have information on alternative products/ processes for
covering the manifold with a durable protective finish?

Oh yeah, I have used the Eastwood stuff that you spray on then cure with
the car running.  It lasted one season before rust began to come through.

TIA,
Peter

Peter Macholdt
609-466-2127 Phone