Timing test

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing test
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:28:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, listers---I'm running a comparative test on ignition timing, and
would like the feedback, particularly those who are using a magnetic or
optical sensor in the distributor. This would include the Pertronics,
Allison/Crane, or any distributor that isn't fired by points.     What I
am after is this: Using the typical inductive timing light, what is the
number picked up on the crank timing pulley at idle, on both #1 and #6
cylinders?  (I don't care if it's 5, 8, 12, or whatever. I'm looking for
the difference, if any, between #1 and #6 as to when each fires.)

If others who use the stock point system want to add their findings, I
would be interested in this also, to broaden the base of information.
There's obviously a reason for all of this, which will become apparant
if enough owners respond.

Thank you

Dick Taylor
'73