Overdrive issues

To: "6pack-digest@autox.team.net" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Overdrive issues
From: Robert Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:17:28 -0400
--------------48D8CA09BF0CB229DB8C6C86

Hi Mark:
    I had the same problems on my 76 TR6 2 years ago.. It ended up being
a dirty/loose wire conection on the soleniod switch on the OD unit. I
cleaned it and then crimped it a little tighter. It has worked good as
new since.
    Bob
CF56728UO
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintasmail.com>

Hi all,
I did the gear oil replacement, and shifting seems smoother as an added
benefit. But as far as the OD jumping in and out, that problem still
exists.
At first I thought it was solved, because it worked on short (2-3 mile)
trips around town whenever I could get up to 4th gear speed to test it.
But
last night we took the car on the highway for the first time since the
gear
oil change, and OD jumped in and out almost right after engaging it.

Just wondering if anyone has some ideas as to what to check next.

Thanks!
Mark Creamer
76 TR6
CF53032UO

--------------48D8CA09BF0CB229DB8C6C86
 name="rgreene.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Greene;Robert
tel;fax:508-457-2178
tel;work:508-289-2355
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.whoi.edu
org:Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution;Distribution
version:2.1
email;internet:rgreene@whoi.edu
title:Distribution Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;266 Woods Hole Rd.=0D=0AMS#3;Woods Hole;Ma.;02543;USA
fn:Bob Greene
end:vcard

--------------48D8CA09BF0CB229DB8C6C86--