Turn signal alignment

To: Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal alignment
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:46:44 -0400
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the turn signal position and when it turns off
the indicator after a turn. It seems like a simple fix but I'm drawing a
blank. I can't find a way to rotate the steering shaft about 15 degrees
left so that the switch off points are centered. Right now my left
directional is at the turn-off position when I am going straight. The
only splined end seems to be at the steering wheel, all the others are
machined to fit in one position. The only other way I see is to realign
the front end & adjust the tie rod ends and then straighten the steering
wheel. What am I missing?
TIA
Mitch Seff
Oceanside N.Y.