Re: Turn signal alignment

To: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>,
Subject: Re: Turn signal alignment
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:19:04 +1300
Hi Mitch and Gary,

Hmmm, I had this problem also. There is a spline on the steering rack which
I adjusted. It is a bit fiddley, but basically I undid the clamp by the
firewall and the spline on the steering rack to allow the main shaft to
slide out. I then just turned it as required and put it back on. It was a
pretty fiddly job and took around an hour from go to woa. Mine is a right
hand drive car (as opposed to a wrong hand drive!) so  I'm not sure what
access is like on LHD cars.

HTH
Bernard
'73 TR6 PI
'71 2500 PI

At 17:12 24/10/00 -0400, Gary & Priscilla Klein wrote:
>Mitch,
>
>You've hit the proverbial nail on the head.  Mine were off a bit after
>restoration (removal of the column) and rebuilding the front end, too.
>The local LBC shop realligned the front end and then had to reposition
>the wheel to return it to it's normal position.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Gary
>'75 TR6
>Severn, MD
>

>Hi all,
>
>I'm having a problem with the turn signal position and when it turns off
>
>the indicator after a turn. It seems like a simple fix but I'm drawing a
>
>blank. I can't find a way to rotate the steering shaft about 15 degrees
>left so that the switch off points are centered. Right now my left
>directional is at the turn-off position when I am going straight. The
>only splined end seems to be at the steering wheel, all the others are
>machined to fit in one position. The only other way I see is to realign
>the front end & adjust the tie rod ends and then straighten the steering
>
>wheel. What am I missing?
>TIA
>Mitch Seff
>Oceanside N.Y.