Yet More on Turn signal alignment

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Yet More on Turn signal alignment
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:30:19 +1300
Hi Guys,

Me thinks it needs a bit of clarification - the rotational adjustment is in
the spline where the column meets steering rack at the bottom rather than
by the fire wall at the top. You need to loosen the top pinch shaft to
allow the splined end to be removed from the rack.

Sorry 'bout that (been dealing with Japanese men all day who speak Jinglish
and I guess it's rubbing off in my confusing emails!!).

Cheers
Bernard

'71 2500 PI (still in disgrace)
'73 TR6 PI (temporary daily driver)

p.s. I had to send this one (sorry to any lawyers out there)......

Five surgeons taking a coffee break....

1st surgeon says: Accountants are the best to operate on because when you
open them up,
everything inside is numbered.

2nd surgeon says: Nah, librarians are the best. Everything inside them is
in alphabetical order.

3rd surgeon says: Try electricians, man! Everything inside THEM is color
coded.

4th surgeon says: I prefer lawyers. They're heartless, spineless, gutless
and their heads and their
butts are interchangeable.

To which the 5th surgeon, who has been quietly listening to the
conversation, says: I like British car
restorers... they always understand when you have a few parts left over at
the end.

At 00:00 25/10/00 -0700, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:
>Bernard---It looks like the pinch bolts that squeezes the clamp to the
>shaft must go through an indent on the shaft (for safety.) This would
>mean that turning the shaft to a "new" position wouldn't allow the pinch
>bolt(s) to clear the shaft.  Is it really different on RH drive cars? Or
>is it us that's UpSideDown? ; > ]
>
>Dick

Regards

Bernard Robbins