[no subject]

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:13:29 -0400
Don:

If you are looking for Treadwear Rating of 60, you're looking at R-compound
DOT legal race tires like the Khumo Victoracer, BF Goodrich Ground Force R1
or the Hoosier A-series.  These are the stickest tires around that are
legal for road use (as opposed to racing slicks which are not DOT approved
for road use). I use the Khumos on my CRX track car to good effect and they
are available at a lower price.  I wouldn't suggest this tire for daily
drivers, as the tread pattern wears very quickly to a slick, and that's not
good in the rain on the street.  Also, these tires really transmit a lot of
load into the suspension, so I wouldn't recommend using these tires on a
car with an old, stock suspension as you'd have a higher chance of breaking
something.   The Yoko AVS (my CRX track car's street tires/rain track
tires) have a tread wear rating of about 160, and are one of the best
street/track tires in smaller sizes.  I don't know what sizes all these
tires are available in for the TR6, as I'm buying 185/60-14 and 205/55-14
for my CRX, but hopefully this helps anyway.