Delco D204

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Delco D204
From: hill <hill@mninter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:18:59 +0000
Greetings--

        Recently went out to put a new Dist. Cap on my '73 TR6, and discovered
(to my dismay), that the installed distributor seems to be
'non-standard' (but maybe not 'non-Triumph'...).  The installed unit is
stamped 'Delco D204  7992127'...
        1) Any guesses what it is?  GT6 maybe? (I'll be needing to source bits
for it)
        2)Would I be happier with the correct unit, or is the advance   curve
pretty much the same for all inline 6?

        Any other thoughts/things I should be aware of?  (of course, the thing
runs right now, so maybe I should leave it alone..)

TIA
Bob Hill
'73 TR6