Layshaft for A-type Overdrive

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Layshaft for A-type Overdrive
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 20:39:34 -0400
I am having my A-type OD rebuilt by British Auto in New York.  I trust
this guy will do it right.

Anyway, he just called and gave me some bad news/ good news/ bad news.
The layshaft in my OD has been destroyed by a broken thrust washer.  The
good news is that he has a spare layshaft in very good shape (I know that
these are hard to get).  The final bad news is that the shaft will be
expensive.  He couldn't tell me how much (I caught him unprepared) , but
I can tell from the way he spoke that it will not be cheap.

My question is what is this shaft worth?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250 (missing the road)