RE: Hose inlet on brake vacumn booster

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hose inlet on brake vacumn booster
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:37:57 -0600

Dave, here is how I did it. It works best if there is a helper. Get two thin
strips of wood (like the stuff paint stir sticks are made from) or other
soft yet sturdy material. Then get two large flat blade screw drivers (or
other levers). Now place the wood & levers on top of the servo body so that
you can pry the fitting out of the servo on opposite sides. Essentially you
want to spread the force of prying and not skew the fitting to one side too
much as well as protecting the servo from scratches or dents. The fitting
has a barbed shape on the end inside the servo which is what keeps it in
place. I can't recall if you should pry under or over the rubber seal but I
think it will be obvious once you look at it. I think you want to be
directly on the plastic so as not to damage the seal. To replace it, it just
pops in with the seal in place.

Good luck.

Peter Zaborski (CF58310 UO)