Question about adjusting valve clearance

To: 6-pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about adjusting valve clearance
From: John Uloth <juloth@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:48:04 -0400
This is the first time for me to adjust TR6 valves, so I looked in the
archives, and various other web sites for some directions that were not
as complicated as the Bentley manual. I didn't have any luck finding any
instructions other then Bentley.
        The way that I have done 4 cylinder Triumphs for years is to bring
engine to TDC and then adj. either 1 or 4 cyl valves depending on which
has both valves closed. Then rotate engine 180 deg and adj. the next cyl
in the firing order. This way I have the engine adjusted with 2 engine
revolutions.
        So it seems reasonable, to me at least, that I could do the same with
the 6.
        Starting at TDC, Adjusting either 1 or 6 cylinder, intake and exhaust.
Then rotate 120 deg and continue through the firing order.
        Am I wrong doing it the way that I have proposed and if I am, what
wrong with my thinking.
        Thanks as always
John Uloth